My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas

oh, I'm still making art in the urban forest

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Things That Make Me Think I Might Die

Thing #1....finishing long drawn out projects is a big one. LIke, finally getting the curtains hung in the room that was always supposed to be Erin's. Now that she's all grown up and gone for good, in one day it all finally comes together: the curtains, her paintings, her favorite color scheme. Ten years in this house and though this was never HER house...it was my fantasy, not hers - that it would be HER room. My daughter and I have always been close, much more so than most....but we've also always rubbed each other the wrong way sometimes....now that the pain of the divorce and the sheer agony of the real estate issues are over - all of it's final and done and over and out of our lives, we are free. I am free. Our relationship is free. The best time we ever had together was just a few weeks ago and I'm finally finshing her room. But she's gone. And as I drape the last bit of sheer navy, set her best pastel just so on the wall....I wonder if I will die from sheer....SOMEthingness.

5 Comments:

Blogger Eye said...

We will all die from SOMETHINGness. It is one of the greatest killers in the world. That's why we need your help to stamp out this terrible malody. And the malody lingers on.

Send your contribution to:
Stamp Out SOMETHINGness
PO Box 87734
Shmendrick, Mass 07755

In the meantime, enjoy your life.

19/2/06 10:15 AM  
Blogger pamdbigd said...

Ehhh, I was just having a moment.

I am however, considering forming a Yahoo! (support) Group entitled: "What If I Die Alone In This House And Nobody Finds Me For Days." The purpose I suppose, would be to for all of us live-aloners to check in on each other and perhaps find true and long lasting love.

19/2/06 11:53 AM  
Blogger Eye said...

I think it would be wise to eat foods with lots of preservatives.

20/2/06 2:18 PM  
Blogger Andy Spiegel said...

There are worse things than dying. Living in constant fear of it, for one.

21/2/06 4:24 AM  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Pam, this touched me. And it reminds me, we should trade links. I notice you don't have any yet. Are you interested?? :-)

21/2/06 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home