My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas

oh, I'm still making art in the urban forest

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

On a Side Street in Hot Springs


Still trying to find interesting photos. I don't have the "eye" yet. As Laurel and I drove out to Mount Ida to dig crystals I kept saying THAT would be a good shot, oh THAT would be nice, oh let's remember to stop for THAT on the way back. Instead, as we drove back I found myself concentrating on not passing out, having gotten way overheated and underhydrated, so I completely forgot about the handpainted Ed's Bait and Internet Servises sign. I kid you not. Would that have been great or what?

So. I think real photographers stop the car and say, honey, we're going to have to be five minutes late to your mother's funeral because I have GOT to get this shot. Or, alternatively, Hey, woman, stop the car. I gotta get bait and check my email.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lori Witzel said...

Loved this post, and chortled about the "Driving Interruptus" thingie...

Yes, I resemble that remark...

7/6/06 4:08 AM  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Love this. And remind me to tell you many tales of the area around Hot Springs. Have spent many winters there.

Loved your LA pics too! Did you get to Venice Beach??

26/6/06 8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pee openly, but quietly. Peeinissimo.

29/1/09 4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home